Utilities & Power Industry
Two Way Radio Solutions for the Utilities & Power Industry
One of the most complex and diverse environments for a successful two way radio system is within the utilities and power industry. SFL have many years’ experience within this field, creating solutions throughout the UK for windfarms, coal-fired power stations, petrochemical plants, waste water treatment works and more recently in the construction and commissioning of waste recycling plants.
Each site has its’ own unique radio challenges which we overcome using our state-of-the-art site survey equipment and software resulting in the roll-out of a successful radio application.
SFL’s capabilities and standards are reassuringly high and are recognised by some of the largest players in the industry, with single source Framework Agreements being awarded by Siemens Energy for both fossil and renewable departments.
SFL has created digital two way radio solutions for dozens of coal-fired power stations including Drax, Eggborough, Ferrybridge, Ironbridge, and Connah’s Quay.
Following extensive tests and research, we have recently invested in creating an ATEX hire fleet of Motorola digital portables (Motorola has 75 years’ experience in this field). The portables are specifically designed for explosive environments, where safe and reliable communications are paramount. The visible blue colour of the ATEX radios are recognised by the professional user. The blue colour increases safety for the user with a mixed fleet of ATEX and non-ATEX radios. The dedicated blue ATEX colour will help ensure that users bring only ATEX approved radios into potentially explosive environments.
SFL appreciates the need to keep cogs turning within the utilities and power industry, which is why we offer guaranteed next day delivery on all equipment.
We will remove the headache surrounding Ofcom Licensing for you and provide the most durable, high performing two way radio system that will get the job done – without compromise. Which is why our clients return to us time after time.
We will only supply (rental or purchase) equipment that will offer the latest technology for coverage optimisation, equipment durability, extensive battery life and clear audio for your project. Whether you opt for radio hire which will include full system maintenance and Ofcom licensing or choose to purchase your equipment, rest assured we will partner you throughout the project.
Examples of SFL Mobile Radio working with the utilities and power industry
Benefits of Two Way Digital Radio for Utilities and Power
- Audio – exceptional clarity for radio transmissions
- Battery life – up to 19 hours standby in digital mode
- Coverage – extend up to 30% compared to analogue
- Private Calling – call an individual, team or full group
- Intelligent Audio – the volume adjusts depending on background noise
- Bluetooth – integrate with both voice and data devices
- SMS – send text messages between radios or even to the cellular networks
- Telephone Integration – make and receive telephone calls through your radio
- Man Down / Lone Worker – your radio will call for help when you can’t
- GPS – monitor the whereabouts of your mobile workforce
- Alarms – integrate your two way radio with a wide range of alarms on site