The construction industry is SFL’s biggest market sector within the UK, with many of these projects taking place in London. Since 1997 we have supplied, maintained and partnered some of the largest construction firms in the industry for digital radio hire, including Vinci Group, Costain, Carillion, HTC Wolffkran, Renaker Build and Mace.
Examples of SFL Mobile Radio working together on construction sites
- SFL’s hands-free crane radios play ‘vital role’ on HTC Wolffkran sites
- Next day mobile radio delivery to Canary Wharf development
- Hands-free crane radios used on Tottenham Hotspurs development
- SFL develops bespoke crane hands-free radio system
- Costain chooses SFL mobile radio for Immingham bypass project
- Hands-free crane radio on construction sites
- In addition to standard two-way radios, our design engineers have developed a sophisticated crane hands-free radio system, which has successfully been adopted as a safety tool by many of the UK’s tower crane and crawler crane providers.
- The crane radio set-up which employs a Motorola platform and utilises digital DMR radio technology offers crystal clear radio transmissions and increased radio coverage, whilst reducing interference and background noise.
- The hands-free radio system allows the crane operator to fully concentrate on crane operations on a construction site, whilst maintaining contact with their lifting team, critical for safe lifting operations.
- The crane hands-free radio is available in two forms; a single and double. The double option is for multiple cranes on site where a ‘crash’ emergency radio system is used independently and two separate radios are required. Both options are approved by Ofcom for use within the UK.
- Find out more about our hands-free crane radios