Chat with us, powered by LiveChat Will I need a radio licence? | SFL Mobile Radio

Will I need a radio licence?

There are two types of two-way radios, licensed radios and licence-free radios (PMR446). Licensed radios require a dedicated frequency and in order to access this frequency, a radio licence granted by Ofcom is required by law. Licences start at £75 for five years. SFL is more than happy to apply on your behalf and offer a managed service in order to maintain your Ofcom licence throughout your radio project.

Licence-free radios (also called PMR446 radios) operate on the PMR446 radio frequency, they can be used by anyone within the UK and EU and as the title suggests they need no radio licence.


constructionline gold
safecontractor approved
Platinum Partner Logo