Serving Up Success for London Burger Sensation Phat Buns With Wave
Phat Buns is a popular restaurant located in the busy Bayswater area of central London. As the restaurant spans three floors, they were looking for a communication solution between the management team (who are often offsite) and the staff inside the building. We explore how Motorola Wave radios have improved communications and streamlined operations at Phat Buns.
Each of the three floors has its own kitchen, dining area and staff members which means the management team, including owners and supervisors often need to move around to oversee operations which can be a struggle at peak times.
Before implementing a radio system, communication between everyone was challenging and at times quite inefficient.
“When staff had to physically go to another floor to use phones or relay messages it led to delays and miscommunications which had a knock-on effect to service times and customer satisfaction.”
To address these challenges, the management at Bayswater decided to invest in the Motorola Wave system from SFL Mobile Radio. Handheld devices that allow instant and reliable two-way comms between users across the wide-area coverage of WAVE PTX. These particular models, the TLK 110 combines the flexibility of instant push-to-talk communication via broadband with the reliability of a rugged, purpose-built radio on its own channel.
Significant benefits from installing Wave radio system:
• Communication transmitted over broadband or the mobile networks makes a great solution for users located across wide areas, where traditional two-way radios will struggle.
• Instant communication allows for quick coordination, problem-solving, and decision-making, leading to smoother operations.
• They can receive real-time updates on table availability, order statuses, and any issues that require attention.
• Better collaboration among staff members across different floors to seek assistance, share information, and coordinate tasks, resulting in improved teamwork and productivity.
• Improved handling of emergency situations where staff members are able to alert quickly and receive instructions from management off the premises.
• Saved money and time overall enabling us to give a better experience to customers.
Discussing how the radios have been throughout the holidays with Restaurant Manager Rahim, he explained:
“We ordered at the end of November and had the radios up and running pretty soon after which made the busy Christmas period much easier to handle. The staff have earpieces which keeps their hands free to keep working and focus on our customers. It’s definitely improved productivity and overall efficiency here.”
We’re delighted to support the franchise with a licenced communication solution that will last. Motorola Wave provides a robust and reliable solution for the busy restaurant. Have you struggled with range and think PTTOC could be the solution for you? Get in touch with the team on 0151 334 9160 to discuss your requirements.
Products featured in this Case Study